Work For Us
Parrs Wood High School is a thriving professional community. We recognise that happy, motivated and well-supported colleagues can make a huge difference to the achievements of young people. We have high expectations of colleagues in delivering high quality education for pupils and are committed to creating an environment where staff in our schools have opportunities, feel supported, developed and appreciated.
Parrs Wood continues to have positive outcomes across three key stages, and we are passionate in our approach to provide a learning environment where students can exceed their academic and social expectations. Our significant improvements have been recognised by Ofsted where we were judged as Good in all areas. We are committed to improving opportunities and life chances for all our students, whether they aspire to Oxbridge Universities, first-class apprenticeship programmes or wish to enter the workplace with training.
Our commitment to you
For every colleague who works in our schools, we are committed to:
- the best professional development and recognition for all our employees
- support for personal, as well as professional, welfare and well being
- a proper work-life balance for everybody
- Free access to 24-hour confidential support line for a wide range of personal or professional matters, including access to counselling and other support services
- Staff Mental Health Champions as a point of contact and advice
- Peer teaching & learning coaches
- Published policies in relation to your wellbeing
- Regular staff social events, clubs and wellbeing activities
- Discounted gym memberships
Continuing Professional Development
We want all staff to be the best at what they do, to deliver the best outcomes for all pupils.
In return we are committed to:
- Appraisal processes which are developmental and linked to both school priorities and career development opportunities.
- A Career Progression Pathway for every colleague, highlighting opportunities for core training, external programmes, accreditation and opportunities to support other colleagues and schools.
- Structured Early Career Development for all training, newly and recently qualified teachers.
- Induction programmes for new staff at all levels.
- CPD activity which addresses school priorities and also enables personal choice.
Support for NQTs and RQTs
We are a pilot school for the early rollout of the Early Career Framework for NQTs and RQTs, in association with the Institute of Education and Manchester Metropolitan University. Teachers who begin their career with us will benefit from a structured two-year programme of support and professional learning informed by the latest educational research, alongside an enhanced mentoring package.
We are closely associated with the Advantage Teaching School Alliance. Our staff collaborate with theirs, contribute to their school-to-school support offer and benefit from CPD opportunities across the alliance.
We are a leading partner school with Manchester Metropolitan University for ITT provision, and also a member of the Dean Trust SCITT partnership.