Vision, Values, Ethos
We summarise our ethos as:
Every Child Succeeds.
Our Vision is to be:
An exceptional school and college, which provides an excellent and inspiring education for every individual within our diverse community enabling them to lead successful lives.
Our Mission (How we will live up to our vision every day):
We are a hard-working and a value-driven school with a culture of high expectations and no excuses. Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of Community, Creativity and Achievement, which creates an ethos of excellence, care and respect in our school.
Our Mission - The Parrs Wood Promise:
To achieve our Mission we will…
- understand and celebrate the diversity of our children and community
- provide a curriculum and extra curriculum that engages, motivates and meets our children’s learning needs and aspirations
- teach in creative ways that inspire, challenge and develop thinking
- provide an experience where all our children know that they are valued and, are encouraged and challenged to achieve their best
- demonstrate, and expect, respect for oneself, others and our environment, so that our children can enjoy a healthy, happy and successful life
This ethos is reflected in our core values, created by children, parents, members of our community and colleagues:
Community – We value one another
Creativity – We embrace change
Achievement – We expect excellence
Our values are central to all our work and should be seen, heard and felt in the daily life of our school and for the trust we work for.