We actively promote values such as mutual understanding and respect, equality between students and promote values of democracy, respect and tolerance for all races, cultures, faiths and beliefs. This is actively taught as part of our PSHE programme, our wider curriculum provision, in our extensive enrichment programme and is also sequenced in our weekly assembly schedule.
The following British Values are covered in the curriculum and other school activities:
- Rules of Law
- Individual Liberty
These values help our students:
- To develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence.
- To distinguish between right and wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England.
- To encourage the acceptance of responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative and understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in both our school and wider local community and to society more widely.
- To acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England.
- To further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling them to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures.
- To encourage respect for other people.
- To encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.